Attending the monthly training sessions is mandatory for interns. Training sessions are held on the first Friday of each month from 3 pm to 5 pm.
Interns will attend monthly training sessions with their intern cohort. Interns will be able to network and learn from interns from all disciplines in their year of the program while learning valuable information related to community college employment.
Fall training topics include an overview of College of Marin goals for the internship and its students and faculty. As well as how to prepare for a class (syllabus and course design), equity-based learning, culturally inclusive instruction, workshop schedule and classroom strategies. Interns will attend monthly training sessions over both the fall and spring semesters. Mentors and interns will also meet weekly to continue to review the individual goals and discipline-specific for each intern.
FDIP Workshop Schedule 2021-22
**First Friday of each month from 3-5 pm***-in person
- August 13th -Orientation
- Fall Flex Week: August 16-20th -flex & Mentor Meetings (suggested sessions: Convocation, COM CARE: Supporting Students Remotely & in Person, Supporting Access & Equity through SAS, Canvas Updates and New Releases and any other workshops that seem interesting)
- August 23rd -first day of classes
- September 3rd-Setting the Tone, Classroom Culture (Centering Equity in the Curriculum) *rescheduled for Sept. 10, 1-3 virtually; Facilitator: Meg Pasquel
- October 8th -Working with Special Populations (SAS, ESL, Psych Services); Facilitator: SAS, ESL, Psych Services
- November 5th -Assignments & Assessments (Centering Equity in the Curriculum); Facilitator: Patricia Seery
- December 3rd -Follow-up from Septembers workshop -Relevant Rhetoric; Facilitator: Meg Pasquel
- December 19th -End of semester celebration (Review three different calls for jobs to prepare to apply for full-time positions); Facilitator: FDIP Team
- Spring Flex Week: January 18th-21st Flex Week (suggested sessions: Convocation, COM CARE: Supporting Students Remotely & in Person, Supporting Access & Equity through SAS, Canvas Updates and New Releases, and any other workshops that seem interesting)
- February 4th -Applying to the Community College (Cover Letter, Resume, Equity Statement, Minimum Qualifications).Homework: interns complete a cover letter, resume, etc...bring completed copies to workshops to review together.; Facilitator: FDIP Team
- March 4th - Review Application Materials; Facilitator: FDIP Team
- April 1st - Preparing for the interview; Facilitator: FDIP Team & Mentors
- May 6th -Mock Interviews; Facilitator: FDIP Team & Mentors
- May 27th -End of the year celebration & COM Graduation; Facilitator: FDIP Team