An Academic Senate's primary function is to make recommendations with respect to academic and professional matters. Academic and Professional matters means the following policy development and implementation matters:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites.
- Degree and certificate requirements.
- Grading policies.
- Educational program development.
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
- College governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes.
- Policies for faculty professional development activities.
- Processes for program review.
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon
The faculty of the College of Marin have established the Academic Senate "whose primary function is, as the representative of the faculty, to make recommendations to the administration...and to the governing board of [the] district with respect to academic and professional matters." [Title 5, Cal Code of Regulations, § 53200(b).
Elected Senators for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
NOTE: All senators are elected "at large".
Sara McKinnon, President
Meg Pasquel, Vice-President
Becky Brown, Secretary
Patricia Seery, Treasurer
FT Credit Senators
Patricia Seery (see Officers)