Attending the monthly training sessions is mandatory for interns. Training sessions are held on the first Friday of each month from 2 pm to 4 pm.
Interns will attend monthly training sessions with their intern cohort. Interns will be able to network and learn from interns from all disciplines in their year of the program while learning valuable information related to community college employment.
Fall and Spring training topics include an overview of College of Marin's goals for the internship and its students and faculty. As well as how to prepare for a class (syllabus and course design), equity-based learning, culturally inclusive instruction, workshop schedule and classroom strategies. Interns will attend monthly training sessions over both the fall and spring semesters. Mentors and interns will also meet weekly to continue to review the individual goals and discipline-specific for each intern.
FDIP Workshop Schedule 2022—23
**First Friday of each month from 2-4 pm***-in person
- Fall Flex Week-August 15-19th: Flex, Orientation & Mentor Meetings (suggested sessions: Convocation, COM CARE: Supporting Students Remotely & in Person, Supporting Access & Equity through SAS, Canvas Updates and New Releases, and any other workshops that seem interesting)-Mentors workshop with mentees
- August 22rd: the first day of classes
- September 9th: Setting the Tone, Classroom Culture (Centering Equity in the Curriculum)-Mentors workshop with mentees
- October 7th: Working with Diverse Populations (SAS, ESL, Psych Services)
- November 4th: Assignments & Assessments (Centering Equity in the Curriculum)
- December 2nd: Imposter Syndrome and Academia-Mentors workshop with mentees
- December 16th: End of-semester celebration (Review three different calls for jobs to prepare to apply for full-time positions)-Mentors workshop with mentees
- Spring Flex Week-January 17 - 20: Flex Week & Mentor Meetings (suggested sessions: Convocation, COM CARE: Supporting Students Remotely & in Person, Supporting Access & Equity through SAS, Canvas Updates and New Releases, and any other workshops that seem interesting)-Mentors workshop with mentees
- February 3rd: Applying to the Community College (Cover Letter, Resume, Equity Statement, Minimum Qualifications).Homework: interns complete a cover letter, resume, etc...bring completed copies to workshops to review together-Mentors workshop with mentees
- March 3rd: Review Application Materials
- April 7th: Preparing for the interview-Mentors workshop with mentees
- May 5th: Mock Interviews-Mentors workshop with mentees
- May 26th: End of the year celebration & COM Graduation-Mentors workshop with mentees