Our goal as Curriculum Committee members is to provide the highest quality of education for all College of Marin students by supporting and assisting the faculty in the process of development and revisions to all approved academic materials. It is our intent to maintain and improve academic standards as set forth by Title 5 regulations, the State Chancellor’s Office, and the duties as set forth by the state Academic Senate for California Community Colleges.
As a subcommittee of the Academic Senate at College of Marin, we will act accordingly in both a supportive and evaluative role for the on-going development of courses and programs at the college as defined within the current board policies. We have an ad hoc committee, Degree Articulation Review Team (DART), to review current and new degrees and courses and make recommendations to the Curriculum Committee.
For assistance, please contact the Curriculum Representative for your area, the Curriculum Chairperson, the Curriculum Specialist, or the Articulation Officer by clicking on the links under the Committee Members list. You may also contact us via phone by referring to the extension number listed or the listing in the current College of Marin Employee Directory.
Curriculum Committee Meetings
Discussion of current issues around curriculum. These may include new legislation, Title 5 or Ed Code compliance, new or changing policies or procedures from the CCC Chancellor’s Office, articulation issues, changes in local board policies, and specific issues brought forward from COM disciplines or committee members.
Location: AC 303
Time: 2:15 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Fall 2023 Meeting Dates (Thursdays):
Master Curriculum Calendar 2023-2024 (TBA)
Master Curriculum Calendar 2022-2023
- New certificate and program proposals by December 8, 2022 (request a date for presentation as soon as possible!)
- New course proposals: request presentation date by January 20, 2023. No presentations are scheduled after March 15, 2023.
- Substantive changes to your COR: request a presentation date by January 20, 2023. No presentations are scheduled after March 15, 2023.
All mandatory revision complete by March 31, 2023.
Curriculum Committee Tech Review
This consists of members reviewing course outlines for accuracy and completeness before moving them forward for review by SLOAC, the Distance Ed Committee (if needed) and the Curriculum Chair.
Reviewers may use Tech Review Checklist for references.
Tech Review support occurs by appointment. Email Grace Yuan or Gina Cullen to schedule Tech Review.
NOTE: All meetings and tech review sessions are open to the public.
2021-2022 Curriculum Related Board Reports
2022-2023 Curriculum Related Board Reports (coming soon)
College of Marin Board Policies (BP) or Administrative Procedures (AP) relevant to the curriculum:
- BP 4020 Program, Curriculum, and Course Development
- AP 4020 Program and Curriculum Development
- AP 4023 Course Approval
- AP 4025 Criteria for Associate Degree and General Education
- AP 4105 Distance Education
- AP 4225 Course Repetition - Non Repeatable Courses
- AP 4227 Repeatable Courses
- AP 4228 Course Repetition - Significant Lapse of Time
- BP 4260 Prerequisites and Co-Requisites and Advisories
- AP 4260 Prerequisites, Co-requisites and Advisories
General Education Committee
The Academic Senate has established an ad hoc subcommittee of Curriculum Committee on General Education to review and update the college's General Education Offerings. The General Education Committee will be convened as necessary by the Curriculum Committee.